Monday, January 12, 2009

Time Flies...

When you are chasing small ones, changing diapers, wiping noses and what not. I thought I would get to the computer sooner than this to blog but the days just run together sometimes!

Emma is continuing to move more. She can pretty much turn herself all the way around in a circle while she is sitting up. Unless of course, Sam comes up to here and pushes her backward. Then she is flat on her back screaming bloody murder. Sometimes, he tries to help her up, which is cute to see, but she usually ends up crying more. Sam is crying by this time too because he gets in trouble for pushing her over. I feel sorry for the people who live below us sometimes!

Sam's language skills have really exploded just in the last two weeks or so. Today, I heard a lot of "Peek, I see you!" which I think he got from the activity table. I also heard "thank you" and even a faint, "love you" tossed in the mix. He had said "I love you" to me back in the fall, but I have not been able to get him to say it since.

We have our 4th anniversary coming up this week. And it is no big surprise that it is almost as cold now as it was the day we got married. I think it was -6 degrees that day! Hard to believe it has been that long already. I told him the other day that the first year went slower than the last 3 years. Sam was born shortly before our 2nd anniversary and Emma before our 3rd and here we are already at our 4th. Do the years go by quicker the longer you are married or is it just because we have had 2 kids close together?

We are planning on going out of town and my mother-in-law will be watching the kids. Should be a great time. We are going to go to Red Robin , courtesey of a gift card from somebody at church. Dennis is very excited about this because he is a BIG fan of BIG burgers and they do have some huge burgers.

I would like to talk him into the Melting Pot, but I think it might be a wiser choice to go the Red Robin seeing as we do have the gift card. Maybe for my birthday...

Pray for Sam as he is sick again. Nothing to serious, just a cough and a runny nose. Pray that he does not pass it onto Emma.

I tried to post a video of them blowing kisses, but it did not work. I was planning on posting some pictures, but I have a sick little boy waiting for his mamma, so I must go.

Take Care,

Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You'll have to ask Adam about his theory on how fast the years go.

    ReplyDelete