Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Potty Training and Blowing Kisses

That is what is new around here lately.

The potty training, well let's just say it going. We have been at it for a little over a month and he goes at least once a day but we usually give him a big glass of water or milk to get him to go. Is that wrong? This is our first attempt at potty training and I have heard that training boys is harder than girls. So any suggestions would be appreciated!

My husband worked with a guy who was having a hard time training his daughter. She had this stuffed bear that was her favorite toy. So they ended up putting Mountain Dew and Baby Ruth candy bars in her little toliet and put the bear on there and told her the bear "went" on the toliet and from that day on, she wanted to go on the toliet. We may have to implement that someday with Sam's cow if we don't get anywhere!

I had just gotten Emma up from her nap when Dennis came home and she just blew him a kiss! It is not something we had worked on with her, but Sam is always blowing kisses when it is time to go somewhere. It was super sweet, just like her. Well most of the time anyway! She is starting to move a little more now. At least she has started to roll over and pull her one arm out from under her. And just a little while ago, she actually rolled over from her back to her tummy to her back again, which I have not seen her do in months!(Unless I help her do it, which usually does not make her happy!)
She will have her therapy again on Friday so hopefully she will do some of her new tricks for the therapist.

We took our tree down today and I was vacuuming up the needles with our smaller vacuum which I let Sam play with after I was done. He played with it for 2 hours, pushing it around the apartment, up and down the hall, happy as a lark. At least it kept him busy while I did the dishes and whatnot.

I will try to get Emma on video blowing her kisses and Sam also has a special talent that I will try to get him on video as well, though that is not going very well because every time I get camera ready, he won't do it. So we will see how that goes!

A few Christmas pictures, of course we could not get them to look at the camera and smile at the same time.





Have a great night!
God Bless, Jodi

2 comments:

  1. My girlfriend reminded me today of the time when I apparently called her husband (a doctor) in tears because one of our children wasn't potty trained yet at the age of 4! He calmly told me "Trust me, he won't go to high school in diapers." He was right! With #1 son we did "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day." It worked perfect. With #2, not so perfect, and we didn't even try it with #3. I just didn't care as much with him, until he was 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't even really started. Maybe I'm just lazy :-) I figure that I'll start both girls soon and see who gets there first!

    ReplyDelete