Thursday, December 18, 2008

Poop in the tub!



Yes, for the second time in his short life, Sam pooped in the tub this morning. I had put him in there then stepped out into the hall to get a towel and when I came back in, I heard him say, "Yucky, Yucky". I thought, you nailed that on the head.
Fun times. I am grateful that it only happened twice so far.

Sam is also getting into more things and becoming more of a boy. His favorite thing right now is to spin around in circles and screech in high pitched tones. He starts to laugh and it makes Emma laugh, it so sweet to hear them laugh together. The three things he says the most is cow(for his stuffed cow that he carries everywhere while he sucks his thumb. It is really cute!) Elmo- his favorite Sesame Street character(and who doesn't love Elmo!) and Emma, Emma, Emma. He will usually say her name three times anytime he says it and he got that from us because we used to say that.

He is finally starting to repeat more of what we say. He seems to be stubborn when it comes to talking. We have this little book and it has pictures of fruits and veggies in it and it is one of his favorites so we read it alot. One day he brings it to me and points to the broccoli and says "Broccoli" and I have not heard it since. I have also heard "Grandpa, and I love you, words I have not heard since.

I was so looking forward to hearing Mama or Dada from him. Two words that I have not heard more than 10 times from him, no joke! I heard Mommy from him back in January or February but have not heard that since. Crazy kid!

Emma had therapy today and she did well. The therapist brought a activity table so she could practice standing up by it. The legs can be removed so it can sit flat on the floor or be propped up on two legs. She had a great time playing with the new toy and we get to keep it for a couple of weeks while the therapist is on vacation.
Sam also has a great time when she comes because he likes to check out the new toys she brings too and usually ends up taking the toys away from her. What he does not understand yet is that one day, she will be able to fight back and then he will be sorry. She is a fighter, which is one of the reasons why she is here today!

We are prepared for the big snow we are supposed to get tomorrow. I will be rolling out sugar cookies so we can decorate them with my parents on Saturday and I will probably make a few other things as well.

The pictures were taken back in October, before Sam got his first big haircut. I had trimmed the back a few times but decided it needed a more professional cut. All of his sweet curls were soon gone and I was afraid they may not come back, but alas, they seem to be returning!

Goodnight and God Bless!
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. I shouldn't jinx myself but I have had that happen only once, thank goodness. It is not fun thinking that you can never get the tub as clean as you want it and Lillian loves to drink the water. Ewww!

    Cute babies :-) We are making our sugar cookies on Monday I think, but lots of others on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids used to poop in the tub all the time! Yuck! YOu'll be happy to know they outgrow it, as to my knowledge, none of them do that anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete