Friday, December 19, 2008

Bloody Noses




While rolling out my sugar cookies, I had Emma on the table in her Bumbo seat and Sam was kneeling on the chair next to her, not really causing any trouble.
Emma started to get really fussy so I started to go towards her and I notice that she has blood all over her face. She has a bloody nose a couple of weeks ago too and I had been putting a little Vaseline inside her nose to help keep it moist. I had forgotten this last week. Poor thing! I won't forget again. We are also running the humidifier in her room so hopefully that will help as well.

She must be getting more teeth too because she is really gnawing on her fingers and whatnot. So far she has been pretty good about the whole teething thing. She has about 7 or 8 right now and I am having a hard time trying to get a look to see what else is coming in.

Sam took teething pretty well too. We just gave in some Orajel and Tylenol and he usually was good to go. I will say that he drooled a whole lot more than what Emma is so far. Must be a male thing! He is started to drool a little more now, so I think he might be getting some 2 year molars.

We are in for 3-5 more inches of snow tomorrow night and then it is going to get really cold. They are talking about a Wind Chill Advisory with wind chills of -20 to -40 degrees on Sunday. Looks like I will be staying home from church with the kids. No sense in taking the little ones out in that kind of weather.
(I know you are jealous of the snow Tera, but I don't think you miss that kind of cold!!)

I got to cuddle with Emma for the second time this week. Usually we try to lay her down while she is awake or almost asleep, so I will take any chance I can get to snuggle with either of my kids. The other night she was fussing for a while after we laid her down so I went in there to pick her up. As soon as I picked her up, she laid her head on my shoulder and she was asleep. I took that opportunity to curl up in the chair for some mommy-daughter bonding time since I missed so many nights when she was in the hospital. And tonight she was pretty much beside herself so I went in there again and it took a little bit, but we had some quality time again.

I wish I could have more of that with Sam, but he is getting to be a big boy and does not fit so well in my arms anymore:(

I best go feed my husband his pizza. Well I really don't have to feed him but you know what I mean!

God Bless
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Too bad about the bloody noses! I remember getting plenty myself as a youngster.

    I have never hear the Prayer for A Friend song...thanks for putting that up there, it is poignant!

    ReplyDelete